Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.  I set this blog up to share my small business journey with you.  One of the hardest things about getting a business going was trying to decide what it is I wanted to do.  It made a lot of sense to make it something that I enjoyed doing and that I was actually ok at.  I have been making crafts for many years.  I guess the reason that I stick with it is that I enjoy it.  A finished product gives me a sense of accomplishment.  The family enjoys it too.  They like the crafts and they like learning how to make them.  As a homeschooling mom, I'm always looking for something new to teach! 

I still never thought about actually trying to sell any of the things that I made, but encouraged by friends and relatives, I decided to give it a try.  So... The Echo Location was born.  I will use this blog to take you through some of the crafts we offer.  There will be new ideas and patterns and information about how I came up with them, as well as old, time tested ideas and patterns that I have found interesting.  Some will be simple and some a little less so. 


Over the years, I have learned to crochet and macrame, and use all kinds of power tools.  I don't have one specific area that I like the most, so for now I'm going to incorporate them all into our store and see how it goes.  This blog is intended to reflect all of those disciplines. 

Please feel free to comment and make suggestions as to things you'd like to see.  Don't forget to tell your friends about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment